Thursday, May 13, 2010

Keeping up my goals

So I did good yesterday.
I kept promises, I ran 1st thing, I read the bible, I lived frugily, and I put my shoes in a bag at the bottom of the stairs, of which I did not trip over!  I may not have eaten perfectly.  But that is hard to do at the bell.  I did eat cheaply, though.  And, I totally made up for it with a large salad at dinner.
I am going to start reading a chapter out of the bible at dinnertime with the family.  If we ate breakfast together, then I would like to read it to everyone then.  But alas... we don't do breakfast together, so dinner will suffice.  I will begin in Ephesians.  I'm adding a goal to the list, not a hard one, but a upright one.  I am going to post a biblestudy I recieve (from my friends the Brown's) on here everyday. 
From: mary brown

bible study
Sun Apr 25th, 2010 3:53 PM EDT

VERSE OF THE WEEK: Deuteronomy 11:18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts
and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your
foreheads.

THOUGHT OF THE WEEK: No Word of God is void of power!

PRAYER LIST:
Mrs. Severt: Healing (cancer)
Mr. Cliett: Recovery from stroke
George: Healing
Paul: New job

BAD COMPANY CORRUPTS GOOD CHARACTER

As our children grow up we need to teach them the importance of choosing
their friends wisely. Our children have to know when they can follow and
when they need to be a leader. This also holds true for us as adults. We can
be corrupted just as easily as our children can. Therefore, we need to choose
our friends wisely.

1 John 3:7 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does
what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

1 Corinthians 15:33 Do not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character.

We have to realize that when we surround ourselves with ungodly people, it's
just a matter of time before we become corrupted. This is something our
children also need to know. If a person is a true friend, they will have your
best interest in mind and try not to lead you astray. Although, there could
be cases where a person might not realize their behavior is corrupt. When
this happens, we need to be bold and inform this person of what he or she is doing wrong. And if they don't stop, then you will not be able to be with this person.

Psalm 119:115 Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of
my God!

Titus 1:15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted
and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and
consciences are corrupted.

Sometimes people don't even know that their behavior is bad. Why don't
they know? Because they have never been told or taught the right way to
behave. By speaking up and taking the lead hopefully they will follow you
and you can lead them straight to Christ. Speaking up in these types of
situations is not easy. In fact, you will probably have to step out of your
comfort zone to do it. But, by being bold, you might just be able to bless
someone who needs to be blessed and help them get their life headed in the
right direction.
Now I'm not saying you shouldn't be with these people when your
intentions are to be a good witness and share the Word of God with them.
But, if their behavior continues to be corrupt, then you need to be very
careful that you don't get caught up in sin.
God bless all of you in the name of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment